Maruti Suzuki, the country’s largest carmaker, has a strong presence in the passenger vehicle segment. You will be surprised to know that in the last financial year 2020-21, the top 5 highest and Best-selling cars are from Maruti Suzuki. Here are the top 5 highest and Best-selling cars in India, which car is at which number in Maruti.
Top 5 Best-Selling Cars In India 2020-21
- Maruti Suzuki Swift: Maruti Suzuki Swift remains the company’s best-selling car in India. Maruti sold 1.72 lakh units of Swift in FY 2020-21. The company launched an updated version of the hatchback earlier this year.
- Maruti Suzuki Baleno: Maruti Baleno has succeeded in increasing its popularity. Maruti sells this car under its premium brand Nexa. In recent times, the Baleno has had to compete with new or updated cars, but still, its hold in the market remains extremely strong. Maruti Baleno’s 1.63 lakh units were sold in FY 2020-21.
- Maruti Suzuki WagonR: Maruti WagonR is number three on this list. This car still attracts a large section of car buyers in the country. In the fiscal year 2020-21, Maruti WagonR sold 1.60 lakh units, which is just a few units less than the Baleno.
- Maruti Suzuki Alto: Alto, Maruti’s best-selling hatchback car in India, stood fourth in the list. It lagged behind WagonR by a slight margin and slipped down one spot. Alto sold 1.59 lakh units in FY 2020-21.
- Maruti Suzuki Dzire: Maruti Dzire, which has been in the top 5 in the Indian passenger vehicle sales chart, has secured the fifth position. At one time, Dzire also topped the list. The car has not undergone any major changes or updates in recent years, despite being in fifth place, it makes its achievement even more commendable.
At a time when SUV cars are dominating the streets of India, Maruti cars are at the top 5 in the Indian automobile market. This shows that small cars are still very much liked by the people. Explain that the sales of these five cars accounted for about 30 percent of the sales of all passenger vehicles in the country in FY 2020-21.
Price In India
- Maruti Swift: 5,73,000
- Maruti Suzuki Baleno: 7,89,000
- Maruti Suzuki WagonR: 5,33,000
- Maruti Suzuki Alto: 3,00,000
- Maruti Suzuki Dzire: 6,81,000